Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dishies for a Friend

DISHCLOTH TACOS!
One of my very best friends just moved into a new place, in a new city, in a new province even!  Her and her hubby packed up a UHaul full of everything they owned in Toronto, ON, and drove it straight across the country (with a brief stop-over in Manitoba to visit family) to Edmonton, AB.  For two people who haven't driven much in the last 5 years, this was apparently a bit of a nerve-wracking trip, especially in parts of Northern Ontario, which is known for it's narrow highways and terrifyingly windy, hilly roads walled in with rock on either side.

I certainly didn't envy them the trip.

Love the textures on these easy to make dishcloths.  Great for scrubbing dirty dishes!
 I am excited for their new start in a new city though!  Apparently they found a nice house to rent with a yard and everything!  And since everyone loves to receive things in the mail, I thought I'd send them a welcome home gift.  Have you guessed yet what that was?  :D


They kind of turned out a bit...skewed...
Yep, I made them a set of dishcloths, like what my Grandma sent me for Christmas!  I have scads of this dishcloth cotton lying around, and it was about time that I started to use it. For those interested, it's the Grandmother's Favourite pattern (Ravelry link).  Of course, mine didn't turn out nearly as uniform as my Grandma's, but I guess perfection is the result of over 70 years of knitting, and I can't touch that yet with my measly 1.5 years. 

Still, pretty little dishcloths.  Pair them with a gift card to Canadian Tire and a babbly letter, and I think that makes for a nice Housewarming gift, don't you agree?

2 comments:

  1. I think you're a very thoughtful friend and I'm sure your friends will think of you often while using your pretty dishcloths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a great friend to send such a warm fuzzy gift :) wonky just means theynwere made with love

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...