Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Cute Little Hooters


I may have been utterly absent lately, but that doesn't mean I haven't been creating!  Boy, have I been creating.  There may be more posts in the near future.  Especially since the mining industry has gone down the toilet and I'm going to find myself with a lot more free time in the near future!  YAY MORE CRAFTING TIME!!!

This year, we're spending Christmas at the Boyfriend's Best Friend's Parents place, which will be fun and is so kind of them to invite non-family to their family event.  And I thought it would be nice to make them all toques, because they're all outdoorsy people and winter outdoorsy people, and you can never have enough toques.

So while I should've been working on all of these toques, I instead made my coworker's daughter (who I've never met) a toque instead.  Because I am the Queen of Procrastination.  lol  I tried to say no, but the project burrowed it's way into my brain and shoved all other projects out. 

Sneaky little owls.  You might recognize this toque.  I made the same pattern last summer and then gave it away to Suzy Bee Sews.  I love the pattern and I was glad for a chance to make the child-size version.

I was originally going to make it out of the bright pink yarn you can see hints of in the toque, but it's a bit of a scratchy wool, and it's for a kid...plus wool needs special handling...nope, wasn't going to work.  So instead I used some admittedly soft acrylic I happened to have in camp with me, and I'm so glad that I did.  Easy care, super soft, and will take a beating.  And then added some pink touches, since the girl really loves pink!

As you can see, it's a bit small for an adult's head, but it'll be perfect for the little 8-year-old recipient.  The coworker is knit-worthy, considering all of the stuff he's done for me, last minute mind, without complaining.  My job would've been a lot harder without his help!

Someday, I'm going to make myself one of these...

The very best part of this toque is this:
Obviously ALL THE TOQUES will need pompoms now, because I've forgotten just how much fun they are to make!



2 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous hat! You really have the owl thing going on. I'm so sorry to hear the bad job news - it's just so tough to enter an industry in difficult times. I really hope that something else great comes along for you soon.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I do love knitted owls. It was the Owl sweater that enticed me to start knitting to begin with. :D

      I'm trying not to worry too much about finding a job right now. I have some feelers out and some good contacts who are spreading word of my awesomeness around, so I'm trusting that. Plus I have some other plans that I'm not willing to discuss just yet, but this may be the time to start the pebble moving on it. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...