|FYI, it's about 5 pm in this pic|
|Front panel of the original jacket. I cut the left front side panel to catch the welt chest pocket.|
The other piece that I was happy with the cut out was the centre back piece. When I did the toile for this jacket, I added a centre back seam in case I had to do a sway back adjustment. I didn't - this jacket actually curves along my lower back and upper bum beautifully - but I liked the additional seam. The original jacket had a centre back seam, and I just cut this piece directly on that seam, so I get the look, without having to sew that seam. Go laziness!
|Left: before topstitching; Right: after topstitching.|
I don't think I've shown you the lining yet. I wound up buying some at my local (crappy) fabric shop because the original jacket's linings were not in great condition. I have no idea what the fibre content is, because our fabric store doesn't actually indicate that on any of their fabric. It's basically a guessing game. It's wasn't that expensive though, when everything there is expensive, so I don't have high expectations. Of course, it was the only kind of lining there, and you know what they say about beggers.
I'm much further along than these posts have shown. The shell is almost entirely together, minus the waistband piece, and I just have to attach the sleeves to the lining before sewing it to the jacket. Then it's just hemming the sleeves and attaching the waistband. By tomorrow night. Well, way before tomorrow night, because I have to take pictures and write a review still. Oh gosh. Was hoping to get the sleeves on the lining and sew the lining to the jacket tonight, but I think my brain hit a wall and I just couldn't do it. Hense this post!
Alright, time for bed! Happy sewing all!