I realized yesterday that I was missing the second collar piece. I'd been forced to chop the collar piece in half to begin with because the wool fabric was getting tight, and after I eeked those pieces out, I completely forgot to cut another set.
|First collar piece below, new piece above|
I managed to cut out another collar piece from two scraps. The attaching seam was deliberately offset to reduce bulk on the collar. The shape is a bit wonky, but that should be hidden in the seam allowance. WHEW!
Unfortunately, this used up one of the larger scraps of wool that I'd planned to use in the waistband. So I had to get a little creative patching it together.
|Sorry for the crummy photos. Poor lighting and charcoal grey wool are not a good mix.|