Monday, July 30, 2012

Reblurging Stacies Cake Dress!

Okay, you all have to check this out. You might have seen this, or you might have seen me go on about how much I love everything that Stacie from Stacie Thinks She Can (and oh can she ever) has ever made.  She is one of my favourite sewing bloggers and I basically want to copy nearly everything she makes.  But this time?  SHE TOTALLY TAKES THE CAKE!

OMG!!!
LOOK AT THIS DRESS!  Okay, you can only see part of it because you have to go check it out yourself but OMG it looks gorgeous in even this tiny little preview!!  SHE LOOKS AMAZING AND THE DRESS TURNED OUT SOOO GOOD!

GO LOOK FOR YOURSELF!  I THINK SHE'S INCLUDED CONSTRUCTION DETAILS, I'M NOT SURE, I GOT SO EXCITED I HAD TO GO REBLOG.  SORRY FOR THE OBNOXIOUSLY EXCITED CAPLOCKS.

I want to make this dress now. I didn't think it'd work for someone with curves, but Stacie has proven me wrong. She's good at doing that, actually.

7 comments:

  1. It IS a cute dress - and when I was trying on dresses for my cousin's wedding, I was surprised that a similarly ruffled bottom dress worked on me too. Definitely a lesson to try on ALL RTW, regardless of pre-formed opinions cuz you just never know. Not that you have to buy, of course. Just to get some new ideas for patterns to sew. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I remember that dress! I was surprised that it worked so well on a curvy body. :) I should know better, I go to thrift stores all the time and try on stuff I'd never consider otherwise.

      Delete
  2. Hey lady! Thanks for the shout out. I have the dress hanging where I can see it just because I want to keep looking at it. It was a huge success. I can't wait for you to get back to things I can copy...you almost have me crocheting, but I have poor fine motor skills and little attention span. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't help it, the post just happened. I don't think you understand just how much I love this dress! I want EVERYONE to see it! :D Nice job on it, it turned out so good, and I like your modesty panel. I'd probably do the same, that looks really low cut.

      *sigh* Me too. I'm itching to sew, but my room is just not set up for it right now. :( Crocheting is fun though, and small projects don't actually take that long once you get the hang of it. That toque only took about an hour or so of stitching, once I got the hang of the pattern. :)

      Delete
    2. You are too sweet! We must meet one day. I'm so dedicated to your blog I just sang Oh, Canada for the synchronized divers!

      Delete
  3. Such a great color on Stacie! And convenient too-- if she spills a cocktail on it at the wedding, it'll blend in! I have a skirt inspired by girl drinks. I should find it and wear it again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...