I used Simplicity 2165 view D, what they call a "bunting", my Mom calls a swaddling (or something), and I call a baby straight jacket. I was originally going to make the changing mat, but cripes I couldn't figure out what they heck they were talking about in the instructions. Straight jacket it is.
Anyways, it was super easy to put together, right up until the hook and loop tape (which I learned is actually the generic form of Velcro - like what Kleenex is to tissues). The diagrams seem to be wrong of where to place them. It took a bit of thought, superimposing the tissue paper, and folding the wings in, but I figured it out. You can see the final placement below.
Anyways, I zigzagged the hook and loop tape on using mint thread, which looked sharp against the brown. I even trimmed the tape with wee scissors, since the edges are sharp and plasticy and I was afraid of the baby getting hurt.
As I mentioned in my last post, I'm moving to the Yukon. And as I didn't mention in my last post, I'm leaving on (or around) June 12th. MEEP! Unfortunately that means that this project will be my last sewing project before I leave, since I really need to start packing. But the good news is that I bought a car this week, and will be driving up. I have drawn up the following equation to show you the value in this:
Road trip x able to bring all(my happy stuff + sewing stuff) = YAY!
|Red hot tamales!|
Let's not talk about the fact that it's a 3700 km trip. And that I'm a prairie girl through and through, and have never driven through the mountains before. DOUBLE MEEP!