So I'd completely stalled out on working on my coat, mostly because of this:
So much cutting! And cutting wool too. DO NOT WANT. So in an effort to force myself to do it, this was the only project I allowed myself to bring to a sewing meet-up today with a couple other Winnipeg sewists (these two awesome ladies here).
Seriously, we need a name. Brenda suggested the Marble Stash, mostly because we always go to the Marble Slab afterward for The Best Ice Cream Ever. Plus stash-busting yay!
Anyways, Brenda and Sheila put up with my whining and moaning and bribe attempts, and somehow I managed to finish cutting everything. That's probably mostly because Sheila is awesome and lent me a pair of scissors that were willing to cut through the wool without eating my fingers. But seriously, look at this blasted pile of fabric parts:
Ridiculous! This coat better be worth it, because that's FOUR different types of fabric there. I cut each piece in at least two different types of fabric. Ridiculous.
Anywho, after much (much MUCH) consideration, I've decided to just use the brushed cotton for an interlining. I hate being too hot, and if it's a -35C day, then I'll just add a layer underneath. I layer like a cake on a regular basis anyways. Plus our winter has been stupidly mild this year, so forget it. Thank you everyone for your input on the interlining!
Now I just need to sew the blasted thing.