Alright, I guess I should do a quick update on my coat (Simplicity 2508), since it tends to motivate me, and goodness knows I need all the motivation I can get.
Plus I'm doing something tedious and I needed a break.
You can see that I got the shell mostly together, no thanks to the instructions, which neglected to mention the step where you're to attach the front panel to the front side panel. That instruction was buried in with another view instructions. Gotta love Project Runway patterns.
I finally got a chance to try on the coat, and I'm mostly pleased with the fit. From the front, anyways. The sleeves and back seems a bit too big. This is not really surprising, considering I opted to go up a size instead of doing an FBA. One day I'll remember why this is never a good plan.
Also, I think the strap thing that's supposed to go across the lower back is still too high, despite lowering it by about 1.5 inches.
So tonight, I removed the sleeves and took it in by a 1/2 inch from the lower back to the shoulders between the back piece and the back side pieces. I also shifted the back tab thing down by about 1.5 inches. To compensate for this, I also took in the sleeves by 1/2 inch on the seam under the arm.
Now I'm about to put the sleeves back in and pray that I didn't just bugger the whole thing up. *headdesk* I am far too lazy for this sort of thing. I'm aiming to get this put back together tonight, because I'm afraid if I don't, I'll never pick this coat up again.