This despite the fact that my wedding gift was supposed to be a pair of aprons I was supposed to finish last week, but they got an IOU in their wedding card instead. I was too sick to finish, or even start, his apron.
Thank you to those who gave me suggestions on how to applique the dragon on! I've revamped my plan, but your advice will be useful regardless. If and when I ever finish the bloody thing. Turns out the fabric I chose for the main part of the apron is crap - wrinkled like crazy when dried and won't iron out.
I'd include some pictures, but they all died with my laptop. Joy. I do have one I pulled from facebook, though.
Please forgive the disheveled look and gold flats. Picture taken at the end of the night after a whole lot of dancing! Did look cuter with brushed hair, dry face, and heels. :DThe wedding was fun though, and I got to wear a dress I picked up at Value Village. Never ever in a million years would I have thought this silhouette would work for me, but I guess I was wrong. It's quite flattering! Must keep in mind for future dress designs. Must also keep in mind that 100% polyester really does suck for a dancing dress.
I always have ideas for blog posts, but I never seem to get to them. One that I would like to do is a closer look at this dress. It's actually quite interesting, since it's fully lined, has boning, invisible zipper that is overlapped by the waist tie (ties at the back), and interesting seams. I adore how they mixed the bias and straight pieces with the plaid.
Maybe now that I've said that, I'll actually do the post!
I do have another me-made dress to show off, if I ever finish hemming it. I also had a plan for fall/winter sewing, but, well, laptop, so who knows when I'll get back to that. Maybe I backed it up 2 weeks ago, when my laptop first started hinting it was about to kick it, but I'm not sure.
Anyways, I'm done nattering. Until next time, happy sewing!