Tuesday, November 5, 2013

NaKniSweMo

Yeah I know, there's approximately 8 jillion of these National ____  ____ Month things.  Apparently there's one for knitting sweaters!

I don't actually think that I can succeed at National Knit [a] Sweater Month, since it involves knitting a 50 000 stitch sweater in just a month.  I not only started 3 days late, but I head back to camp this Thursday and I don't have much time to knit while there. 

But I thought it'd be fun to knit along!  I'd be happy if I could get the body done this month.

Collar and first pattern repeat complete today.

I'm making the Reverb by Tanis Lavallee, a cardigan pattern I've been oogling for about 6 months now.  I've even pictured it in this yarn, although I've attempted it on two other knitting projects.  I think this will be the best marriage between yarn and pattern!

And the best part is that I'm not the one who picked it!  I narrowed down my sweater choices to three patterns and the yarn to four colours, and asked my boyfriend for his opinion.  He picked this pattern and this yarn, and I'm so happy with his choices!

Obviously it's meant to be!*


* Yarn/pattern and him/me.

2 comments:

  1. This might be the first year EVER since NaKniSweMo became a thing (6-7 years ago I think?) that I may not make a sweater. Last year I made a baby sweater, and I may again this year. It's not 50,000 sts but it's in the spirit of the thing at least. I just need to finish Evie's cross-stitch birth announcement before THIS one is born, and also finish her felt Harry Potter Quiet Book before Christmas. TOO MANY BIG PROJECTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to do nakniswemo too, but saw the stitch requirement and decided I'd just knit my sweater of choice in a month without joining any group KAL for it. Reverb is very cool and your color choice is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...